What technology is available in classrooms/conference rooms?
A program called Utelogy allows you to control all technology in a classroom/conference room. This system can be found in all of our rooms. Utelogy allows you to switch between the in-room computer and your laptop and control the various devices in the room. Please note that the available courtesy cables for laptops differ by room. We strongly recommend that you make sure to have the proper adapters if you plan to connect a laptop to in-room technology.
To learn more about Utelogy, visit this article.
How do I use the technology in the classrooms/conference rooms?
How do I turn-on/start the in-room technology?
- Click the Start Up System button to start Utelogy
- If the interface is not visible, launch the U-Control icon found on the desktop
- Wait for the system to power up all A/V equipment
- The in-room projector and/or TV will turn on and the projector screen will drop down
How do I control the in-room technology?
- Select which computer's screen you would like to display on the projector/TV
- Use the in-room courtesy cables if you want to use your laptop
- Adjust the audio level using the Volume Control on the bottom of the screen
- Mute the audio by selecting the green speaker icon next to the volume control
- Black out the projector display by selecting Video Mute (i.e., use this when you don't wish to show your screen to the audience, but you don't want to turn-off/power down the projector)
- Classrooms with microphones will have Mic Mute control
- Classrooms with cameras will have Camera control
How do I shut down the in-room technology after use?
- Click Shut Down to turn-off/power down Utelogy
- The projector and/or TV will turn off and the projector screen will retract
- The system will direct you back to the Start Screen