After making meeting attendee updates to an Outlook meeting (adding or removing attendees), you should receive a prompt to send the following notifications:
- Send updates only to added or deleted attendees.
- Send updates to all attendees.
However, there is a known error/issue on the Outlook desktop application that will not prompt you to choose these options. The steps below will guide you through correcting this.
- Open your Outlook desktop application
- Click File on the top-left of the application
- Click on Account Settings>Account Settings
- Double click your email address
- In the box that appears, click on More Settings
- Click on the Advanced tab
- UNCHECK the box for "Turn on shared calendar improvements" followed by Apply
- Click OK on the prompt to confirm your selection
- Fully close out of Outlook to apply the new setting
- Open Outlook again and follow steps 1-6 again to reach the "Turn on shared calendar improvements" setting page
- Place a check next to "Turn on shared calendar improvements" followed by Apply
- Click Ok on the prompt that appears to confirm
- Fully close Outlook and open again
- Open the meeting invite again, make your attendee edits, and you should now be prompt to select your meeting update preference