All Students, Faculty, and Staff have access to Kanopy, which is an on-demand streaming video platform for public and academic libraries that offers films, TV shows, and documentaries.
How do I log into Kanopy?
Click on this link: https://tcsedsystem.kanopy.com/
Click Visit The TCSEDSYSTEM Collection.
- Click Log into TCSEDSYSTEM.
- A pop-up window will open, and you will enter your full school email address and password.
- Once logged in, you will have access to the TCS Video Library as seen below.
- Once logged in (TCS Education System will appear on the left side of the screen), you can create or log in to a separate and optional “personal account” associated with the TCS Education System, but is not integrated with SSO. The link can be found on the upper right side of the screen.
How do I open a video in Kanopy through Canvas?
- Click the link provided in Canvas. The link may appear as an APA-formatted citation in your required readings/media section or appear as a video preview window.
- You will be taken to a landing page for the video you are wanting to view. Click the "Watch Now" button to proceed with University login.
- Since you are already logged in to Canvas the window will refresh and ask you to verify that you want to login with "TCS Education." Click "Login to TCSEDSYSTEM." Pop-ups must be enabled to cotninue with Step 4. Check your web browser to make sure pop-up blockers are disabled.
- A pop-up window will appear from OpenAthens; one of our library services. This pop-up wil automatically complete your login and transfer you back to Kanopy.
- You will be taken back to the original video window. The window will refresh and should load the full video. Click "Play" to begin watching your video.
What if I cannot sign into Kanopy?
- Clear your web browsers' history and cache, ensure pop-up blockers are disabled, or try another web browser.
- If you still cannot log into the TCS Kanopy, you will likely need to reset your password. If you are logging into your personal Kanopy account, you will need to reset your password on the Kanopy website since the The Community Solution Help Desk cannot reset that password.